829 Southdrive

829 Southdrive

A New Jersey state of mind



Saturday, September 3, 2011

Tacky



I posted something last night that I thought was humorous.  I used
a program that takes your text and converts it to animated, spoken
words.  The possibilities are endless and I may in the future actually
attempt to publish something that's clever and worthy of sharing.
However, last night, my inner grade school sense of humor got
the best of me and I created a foul-mouthed, 20 second-or-so
animated clip.  I played it over and over again and chortled aloud.
It's frickin hilarious when a computer-generated person recites 
whatever you happen to type in the dialogue bar.  No censorship.
I posted it and went to bed.  When I woke up, remorse had
 immediately set in and I felt horrified about the complete lack of
decorum I had displayed.  There's definitely plenty of room for 
bathroom humor in one's everyday life, but not in such a public 
and accessible place as a blog. At least not one I'm responsible for. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, good grief!

    This blog's subtitle is A New Jersey State of Mind. Where else would you expect to find some tacky content?

    I was thinking about giving my latest opus an 'R' rating to help build traffic to the blog, but I couldn't find the 'gratuitous nudity' button.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still waiting for someone to subtitle Hitler's rage scene in Downfall with a sailing protest!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THAT would be worth seeing. Go for it Baydog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baydog,
    It looks like we are going to dodge Katia! My best guess though, is that your ground up their is pretty much saturated and the rain associated with Lee cannot be good for your cellar. Good luck and keep those pumps pumping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come on, Baydog! You can always post tackiness in the late hours of the evening. You can always apologize in the morning and attribute it to booze! But retraction? No, no! As a reader, I feel cheated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do I have to say it? It is clearly a case of bad seaman....did I spell that right?

    ReplyDelete