829 Southdrive

829 Southdrive

A New Jersey state of mind



Monday, July 9, 2012

Consecutive Sailouts




Out again today, with less heat and humidity and a mellow East 
wind.  This is looking through the BI (Barnegat Inlet) marker to
Barnegat Lighthouse.  It was so quiet out there.  What a 
difference a day makes.





Those two boats went out ahead of me and ended up reading 
my transom.  Typical.





These gems came from the area of the first photo:
Barnegat Light.  There're thyme sprigs and whole 
butter in the pan with which I basted the scallops.
It really doesn't get any better.


8 comments:

  1. There isn't anything better than scallops, especially when Trophy Wife prepares them. Me? I'm not a producer or a preparer. Only an enthusiastic consumer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OT: What did Wiener Dog do to become such a celebrity?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Doc - the person responsible for the web loves her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baydog,

    You know I spent most of my formative years in the Garden State but I know nothing of Barnegat Bay. Is Barnegat bay known for its scallops like the Chesapeake is known for its crabs?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barnegat Bay is known for its Blues, Clams sailors and baymen.

    The scallops are harvested on the outside, off Barnegat Light.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh god, those scallops are making me hungry even though I had a late lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. mrs. my2fish would LOVE those scallops.

    ReplyDelete