829 Southdrive

829 Southdrive

A New Jersey state of mind



Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tice's Shoal, 7/4+5



I like to check the anchor, especially when it's
20 mph out of the Southeast.


The original Bay Dog.


Born on the fourth of July!
A low center of gravity makes Hazel a seaworthy dog.
Her breeder named her Martha Washington,
along with her sisters Dolly Madison, Abigail
Adams, blah, blah, blah.............




Don't want to live like a refugee


"Cool Breeze" out of Forked river.
I like the full-cockpit shade, but I feel the dodger
hinders a clear line of sight.  I'd do without.
 I'm not afraid to get sprayed every once in a while.
That's what makes me feel like I've done something today.


Cranky, but eventually effective.


A hungry observer, repositioning for the
hoped-for score.




After re-lighting the grill a few times, dinner was done.
  Tuna and Shrimp with Jersey Corn relish


You'd better not knock that over!


7/5:  Betsy above, my Old Man's martini flag below.


A family that kayaks together stays together


A Pearson Pow-wow.


A Catalina Committee, all hailing from Yardley, Pa. 
Just southwest from us back home in Lawrenceville,
 across the Delaware, they are not far from Washington's
 Crossing, a pivotal point in the Revolutionary War. 
See "Drunken Hessians" and "Christmas Eve, 1776".


Great outboard.  2.5 HP and only 29 Lbs!
Just enough to get to the Ice Cream Barge.



Warm fresh water rinse.  Speak now or forever
hold your peace.  There's a lot of water in there, 
but once Dad starts showering, it'll be gone before 
you know it! 


Where did the weekend go?

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GR8 photo essay, my esteemed Baydog. It's almost enough to make me to want to revert to Island cruising. Almost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best post yet. Nice images. Only one suggestion - next time, take a pic of the dinner BEFORE you eat it. ;^) Love the picture of Hazel catching some Zs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Hazel. I never get to go on my human's boat. Is it fun? Of course, I'm afraid of the water, so maybe I should be happy to stay home and snooze.

    Tail wags to you....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Panda, I learned there is a word for what Baydog does on this blog: it's called plating.

    plating is photographing the presentation of food on the diner's plate. Just so you know.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, but.....PB is right. I should take the photo before ripping into it like I do so often. The *%$damn grill went out so many times, that by the time the shrimp was done, the tuna was over-cooked! I know, I know, poor Baydog. We should probably go fork and knife right at grill-side and eat from the source.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it
    much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often.

    Did you hire out a designer to create your theme? Superb work!


    Here is my homepage - Consultant Appointments Manchester

    ReplyDelete