829 Southdrive

829 Southdrive

A New Jersey state of mind



Thursday, April 8, 2010

Georgia on my mind

I started watching golf again today.
Not that I condone his misbehavior,
his severe lack of good judgment, his infidelity,
the damage he's done to his family.
Personally, I think he's the most exciting thing
that's ever happened to golf. Many long time
golfers and most non-golfers would probably
agree with me. I could go on and on, but I won't.
Phew!


However, what did prompt me to enter this post is what I heard the English-sounding commentator say regarding Irish golfer Padraig Harrington. "Padraig Harrington tacked his way up the fairway like a yachtsman". Did I need an explanation? He could have so easily said "zig-zagged", but he chose a nautical term instead. I guess I did miss watching golf. No doubt I'll tune in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment