829 Southdrive

829 Southdrive

A New Jersey state of mind



Sunday, October 3, 2010

More Reality


Why, it seems like just yesterday that I saw her spectating at the
World Ducks.  It has always fascinated me to see the bottoms
of familiar boats when they've been hauled.  I see them all summer
long cruising up and down the bay, their wealthy owners at the helm,
seemingly without a care in the world. But when their bottoms are
exposed for all the world to see, they're no different from yours
 or mine.  And actually, I couldn't believe how crappy Cat's
Whiskers bottom really was!  I can only assume that next spring,
the yard guys will be hard at work scraping the decades of 
Interlux from Whisker's hull.  We'll need to check next October
when she's hauled once again. 


This boat will always mean something special to me.  Mary Ann
allowed my Dad, fourth from the bow, to place his butt on her
deck all summer long in 2002.  Looks like she's the last A Cat to
be hauled this year. Regarding things like this, last is good.


Hold tight!  You'll all get your turn real soon.

2 comments:

  1. I love the last photo and comment. Reminds me of the Island of Misfit Toys scene from Rudolph TRNRD. K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the "Charley in the Box", and the gun that shoots jelly? Oh, the memories.

    ReplyDelete